Thursday, November 9

small indulgences...

...are the best. Big ones leave me feeling guilty - and broke. But small ones just brighten up your day. Today, a supper of smoked Irish salmon, perked up with lemon juice and freshly ground pepper. (Of course now that so much salmon is farm-raised and perfectly affordable - albeit "flabby" as per Nigella Lawson - it's not so much of an indulgence, but for me it still has that connotation of luxurious, special food).

Follow up with a nice bottle of Côtes du Rhone and cigarettes. Tom Waits on the stereo. Some idle tidying up and cleaning, but nothing too strenuous. Two good books on the go, and the knowledge that the budget for the rest of the month is in fine shape, therefore I can contemplate making an Amazon order in the next few days. Life is good.

3 comments:

  1. "Côtes du Rhone and cigarettes,"... I gave up cigs and oh so miss them still... the wine just doesn't seem the same without them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:40 PM

    What an interesting little gem you have here, clichy....;) Cheers for your Bonjour Tristesse answer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's perfect. I am exactly the same. Give me these simple pleasures and I am truly happiest.

    ReplyDelete