Thursday, April 26

Welcome, 14

The future is already here.

My company has had a fingerprint recognition system installed to open the front door, so instead of inserting a real key into a real lock and turning it, we now put our index finger onto a little scanning device and hey presto, the door unlocks.

The novelty will no doubt wear off, but all week I've felt like a character in a spy movie, being granted access to the top secret security clearance zone of some nebulous intelligence agency. I was the 14th employee to have my prints scanned, so the LCD display reads "Identité OK. Bienvenue, 14" as the door opens. It's all very Mission Imposible.

1 comment:

  1. My bf who works in IT security installed one of those for the computer my kids use at home. They have to have an adult around to log in so we can hold it over their heads that they need to do chores first.

    It's a lot easier than having to remember passwords and impresses the hell out of little kids who come over to play after school.

    ReplyDelete