Sunday, September 20

Mars and Venus brush their teeth

When S first moved in with me, his toothbrush was yellow, and mine was blue.  Since then I've always stuck to the same color code, to avoid confusion and because, well, I admit it, I'm a creature of habit.  

Buy new toothbrushes, point out to S (not one of my more scintillating conversational topics, granted) that they have a nifty thing that's supposed to polish teeth in addition to just brushing them, and conclude perkily with, "and of course there's one of each, yellow and blue!"

Blank stare. 

- Ummmm... you mean you haven't always been using the yellow one?

- No.  I just grab whichever one is on the left.

Some things are not meant to be shared, even in the closest of relationships.  Plaque, to my mind, is one of them.

2 comments:

  1. annecha4:53 PM

    bah.
    it did not damage your teeth, don't worry :)
    but that's a funny one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. peromyscus3:21 AM

    Indeed. I never share my toothbrush.

    ReplyDelete