Friday, October 21

houseguests

So we're expecting guests for the weekend. They arrive from Japan in, oh, about an hour.

Thing is, we've never met. They are friends-of-a-friend.

Having guests stay here is a Big Deal, because there is no spare bedroom, only a pull-out couch in the living room. You have to go through the living room to get to and from our bedroom to the rest of the appartment. So getting up early in the morning, or in the middle of the night for a pee or a glass of water involves tip toe-ing past the sleeping guests. Therefore although I am quite hospitable (I like to think so, anyway!), usually the only people who come to stay are family members or very, very close friends.

And I like my space and privacy. Really, if there was an extra room here I would gladly offer it to acquaintances, friends-of-friends, even people-that-I-chat-with-on-the-Internet but have never met in real life. But there isn't.

Strangely enough though I am looking forward to it. They seem nice. They've never been to Europe before and want to visit lots of museums and do interesting stuff in Paris. Since I love, love, love this city and all it has to offer it will be fun to play tour guide.

Hey, maybe I'll even go up the Eiffel tower again.

(S being a much nicer person than I am, he has taken hospitality as far as going to pick them up at the airport. Bless him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment