Thursday, January 19

Happiness is a new handbag

Shopping - I love it. For clothes, shoes and bags.
And cosmetics.
And books, and CDs.
Hell, I even like grocery shopping.

But there is something particularly satisfying about buying new handbags.

There is no getting naked in front of a mirror, in harsh lighting, to try them on. (And therefore no subsequent traumatized wailing about the size of one's ass).

There is no discomfort or blisters or teetering dangerously on high heels because they looked fabulous in the store but are treacherous on cobblestones and when running after buses.

Bags. They catch your eye, you fondle the leather, you sling them over your shoulder, you decide they're the right size for all your stuff (and if they're too small, well, you can always leave the kitchen sink at home for once), you buy them, they don't need breaking in or tailoring - instant happiness.

3 comments:

  1. Ma belle!

    Hope you don't mind me stumbling into your blog from 5 Streets, I've only had a quick look in case you'd rather keep it 'private' (as private as a blog can be). Jane Birkin is doing a show on France 3 with Franz Ferdinand on Feb 9 so you must watch it and let me know all about it.

    Anyway, email me at relookage@gmail.com when you have a moment.

    Gros biz,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, a comment - I've only seen this, silly me !
    no, it's not "private" - I don't necessarily publicize it but it's easy enough to find.
    I would watch Jane on France 3 but I am an anti-TV snob and don't have one...

    ReplyDelete