Sunday, January 29

Year of the Dog

My intention was to write a long ranty post about things that haven't been going so well in the past couple of weeks and the reasons I've been in a not so great mood lately - nothing big, just little annoyances that add up.

But as today is the first day of the year of Dog, I'd rather leave the negativity behind, and remind myself that the day, and therefore the year, is off to a rather good start :
  • I seem to be over my cold.
  • The sun is shining.
  • I slept very well last night and had an interesting dream involving espionnage, visiting heads of State, car chases, hiding from bad guys in old fortresses and oral sex.
  • Am enjoying a lazy Sunday morning, the coffee is good, there is cake for breakfast if I want it, I have several browsers open so I can read the NY Times magazine section and other people's blogs.
  • In accordance with the tradition that noodles must be eaten on Chinese New Year (for longevity), I just happen to have homemade bolognese sauce in the fridge which is pretty damn good if I say so myself - there is no rule that the noodles must be Chinese egg noodles and not spaghetti, after all !

Happy new year !

No comments:

Post a Comment