Wednesday, February 22

Teeth issues

S has been told by a French dentist that he needs to have all four of his wisdom teeth removed.

(Cue jokes about the NHS and dental care in the UK, if you will.)

He is now very worried.

Have tried to tell him that when I had mine out, it really wasn't such a big deal, the swelling was minimal, and barely 2 days later I was eating quite normally and not to make such a fuss. To no avail:

"I don't have a will!"
"What if he breaks my jaw?"
"I'll have to stay in bed for weeks afterwards"
"Why can't I have a general anesthesia?"
"My ears will drop off" (to which I replied that his brain might drain out of the holes left by the upper teeth - so much for being supportive...)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds familiar! Good luck putting up with him ;)
    I didn't believe a word of what everyone was telling me beforehand although of course all was fine two days later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Machiruda, he's actually very easy to put up with ;-)
    It is funny though - it's like when men have a cold - you'd think they were dying ! Women just tend to get on with it, I think. (Well most women anyway - me, I am a huge drama queen!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typical man. He's going to die, you know. Or quite right, his brains will seep out through the holes in his jaw. Not that that's much of a loss for most men . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. another comment by the poor man: "I can't believe I'll have to pay for someone to bash me around the head with a pair of pliers until my teeth fall out"

    ReplyDelete