Wednesday, October 11

Paranoia

Among the assorted bills and ads in my mailbox the other day, I found a chocolate bar.

No kidding, a full-size, 70% cocoa, dark chocolate bar from Lindt, with a “30 cents off next purchase” coupon on the back of the packaging.

Obviously a marketing promotion from Lindt, right?

But the idea of getting something edible (chocolate!) for free, just dropped into my mailbox, is disconcerting. How do I know it’s not, well, tainted? How do I know it’s not a chocolate version of phishing? It looks like real Lindt packaging, but what’s if it’s really…oh, I don’t know...something bad...

Am no doubt completely paranoid and neurotic and shouldn’t look a gift chocolate bar in the mouth, so to speak, but not accepting candy from strangers is so ingrained I really don’t think I would be able to eat it without suffering from psychosomatic stomach pains...

4 comments:

  1. I would never be able to eat it. I'm ingrained too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send it to me! You know I'll eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that ("c") was me. Dunno why it didn't recognise me, but whatever.

    Random chocolate! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send me your postal address!

    ReplyDelete