Sunday, March 25

François Ozon

I've tried to like him, I really have. I go into the movie theatre with an open mind - no, with a positive bias, even. But nope. I just don't get him.

Am currently reading Angel, by Elizabeth Taylor, the novel that his latest film is adapted from, and I'm really enjoying it. It's clever and wonderfully funny (in a Jane Austen rather than a Monty Python way) and it says this of its heroine: "He realised that she had great pride and not a trace of humour in her" and it seems to me that applies to Ozon's screen adaptation as well.

Still, it's always good to see Charlotte Rampling, and Sam Neill (have I seen him anything else since Jurassic Park?) gives a good performance too.

1 comment:

  1. He is big here, and does the 'eat more beef' ads, which are really crap and creepy.

    He's very much a love or hate/love a lot less director. I love. But I haven't 8 Femmes, so should get that out one day, and I am looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete