Thursday, March 29

Isn't it annoying

... when a much looked-forward to lunch with colleagues leaves me thinking I would have been better off eating a sandwich at my desk.

Efforts to have a pleasant non-work related conversation were swept away in the path of a violent bitchfest over one - absent, naturally - person.

And then the check was split evenly between us and I ended up paying 24,90 € for my 12 € antipasti plate.

Ho hum.

And yes, I should have said something on the spot. But isn't this (partly) what blogs are for ? A safe place for petty anonymous rants ?

1 comment:

  1. Oh - you've hit on one of my pet peeves! Why do people suggest that the bill be split evenly when it's obvious that people have widely disparate budgets and order food accordingly? It puts me right off lunch or dinner out, unless you're going to a pub and order and pay at the bar.

    ReplyDelete