Monday, September 1

It's "la rentrée"... back to school.

Or to work, for me anyway. Couldn't remember my network password when I arrived this morning, which is, in my opinion, a sign of a truly good vacation. Had a ridiculous 254 e-mails in my inbox this morning - wasn't everyone else in France also on vacation in August ? Who were these people and why were they writing to me ? Thankfully there was loads of spam so the contents of the inbox didn't automatically translate to 254 items on the to-do list. Whew.

Last night I kept putting off going to bed, because, as I explained to S, going to sleep meant waking up to a Monday. Make sense ? Perhaps not. But when Boss n°1 came in, also after a 3-week break, the first thing she said to me was "I didn't go to bed until 2 a.m. because I didn't want to wake up and have to come to work !" This shared attitude is probably why, for the most part, we get along quite well...

No comments:

Post a Comment