Saturday, September 20

Last weekend

...was great fun. Well, for me anyway.

S having planned a weekend in England canoeing and camping with his best mates, I made plans to entertain myself and see friends and keep busy - not that I can't do that when he's around, far from it, but I was looking forward to some me time - absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

Well, S's plans were ruined by the almost apocalyptic combination of flood (canoe trip cancelled for security reasons) and fire (in the Channel tunnel, so no Eurostar service...) so the poor guy ended up having to amuse himself while I gallivanted around without him - Friday night was drinks and sushi and great conversation, Saturday was a lovely afternoon at the Opéra Bastille admiring the New York City Ballet, followed by dropping in on a friend and his daughter - just turned 5 ! - and Sunday was seeing Mamma Mia at the cinema followed by more chat with my gal pals.

I did feel a bit guilty about having so much fun while S's weekend had gone pear-shaped, but instead of moping and feeling sorry for himself - which probably would have been my reaction - he very sweetly told me to "stop being stupid". So I did, and it was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment