Wednesday, August 8

Absolute heresy.

Noticed via Tastespotting, this entry at Eternally Cool: Italian chef Filippo La Mantia has "recently been getting a lot of press for joining the ranks of Italian chefs who choose not to use garlic in their food, choosing other natural ingredients such as citrus and herbs instead."

Instead? Instead? Absurd - pile on the citrus and the herbs and the garlic. And I'll have wine with that and coffee and a cigarette afterwards and that if makes me stinky so be it. It's worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that and didn't even want to read the article. Buddhists don't have garlic, ok, but don't mess with Italian food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I came here through Melanie's blog.

    Just wanted to comment on garlic. I have a friend named Chester Aaron, who grows 98 varieties of garlic. All are different and wonderful, and I like garlic best when I roast a whole head, then spread it on bread. I can't imagine not using it!

    ReplyDelete