Friday, March 24

Fighting the blues with the red

Lipstick, that it.

In an effort to cheer myself up and shake off this dreadful lethargy/crankiness/sadness/state of I can't get no satisfaction, treated myself to not one but two new lipsticks from MAC, one of which is only available at the Sephora flagship store on the Champs Elysées, and is called, appropriately enough, Sephora Red. It's lovely.

Hadn't done that in a long time, but new lipstick is such a nice pick-me-up. It's enough of a luxury item to be an indulgence, and yet not cripplingly expensive. And you can never really have too many lipsticks. Once you have the perfect red, you can then go off in search of the perfect natural browny-pink. Some days you want matte staying power, others you want a soothing moisturizer with a hint of sheer color...

Anyway, it worked. I felt better.

Until I went to the ladies' at work to apply my new purchases. When faced with my pale lanky haired self in the mirror I realized I needed a whole new face to go with the lips.

Oh, and a haircut too.

Ah well.

6 comments:

  1. They have Sephora in France?! And all over France too...
    Another reason I have to visit this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iggy, I've always thought Sephora was French ! Not 100% sure but I believe it's part of the LVMH empire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I see. Did they expand a lot then? Don't remember seeing one when I was in Montpellier, and I'm sure I would have discovered it in 10 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, they're the Starbucks of upscale cosmetics now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So one of the MAC lipsticks was Sephora Red, but what was the other one?

    Finding the right red lipstick is truly a triumphant momemt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The other one is a shade called Captive, a nice natural pink - like real lips, but better !

    ReplyDelete