Monday, May 29

and... exhale...

After flipping and flopping and stressing and generally being in a tizz for the past 5 days, (should I stay or should I go now ? is the grass really greener or will it be a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire ? and why do I have to work for a living at all ? I'd make a great heiress, really. Why Paris Hilton and not me, huh ? My dress sense is way better, not to mention my taste in men - but I digress...) I did it today - signed the contract with New Employer and handed in my notice to Current Employer.

Phew.

I'm relieved and happy and have managed to say the right things to Direct Boss and Bigger Boss and not antagonize anyone - which is good. I may need these people for a reference or, who knows, another job some months or years down the line.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats again! When do you start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia ! I start as soon as current company "releases" me from my legal 3 month notice period... I've asked to leave at the end of June but whether they will accept that or not is another matter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoorah! Onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! So glad to hear you got it!

    ReplyDelete