Monday, September 25

After sneering at the trend


... last winter, I just caved in and bought something like this.

Not quite the same, mine are darker and the plaid pattern is very subtle. I think they'd be nice with a black sweater and black knee high boots (low heel, or perhaps a medium but chunky one) when it gets colder, maybe ballet type flats for now. They fit perfectly and the price was right (i.e. cheap!) but I'm a bit fearful of looking like a fashion victim. Hey, at least they're not leggings, right ?!

4 comments:

  1. I'm the same - I abhored these kinds of shorts before but now I really want a pair. I love the idea of pairing it with flats and a black sweater, and then any kind of tee/singlet/short-sleeve shirt with flip flops in the warmer months.

    What do you think of wearing them with heels? I'm inclined to try that look. Let me know if you're brave too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW don't know what happened, but that's me (Julia) that posted the last comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, some people can pull off the heels with shorts like that - I'm not sure I could, it would be pushing into the trying too hard category!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like long walking shorts; I had a few pair I wore a lot way back in the 90s, when I was living in a hot climate and needed an alternative to skirts. I haven't bought any of the new ones, but I like the look as they're more tailored than what I used to wear.

    Not sure about with heels, though. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete