Friday, April 14

Honorary man status

Or a man in a woman’s body.

Last night I met an internet acquaintance (yes, one of those people!) and her boyfriend for drinks. They were nice, interesting, easy to talk to and we got along well so I invited them over for dinner tonight, thinking it would be fun and that S would like them as much as I did. All fine and good, right ?

Except that in my enthusiasm it completely slipped my mind that today is our 2nd anniversary and that S and I had previously talked about going out to dinner.

Ooooops.

Bad girlfriend. Bad, bad girlfriend.

Luckily S didn’t mind at all, but I still feel guilty. Let’s face it, if the roles had been reversed, I can’t guarantee that I wouldn’t be at least a tiny bit peeved, and think something along the lines of “harrumph, typical male blablabla…”

So there you have it. I’m an honorary man. Next thing you know I’ll be leaving the toilet seat up.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! And next thing you know you'll pee standing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wee! Funniest thing is the people in question read that entry and then felt bad and said they didn't want to impose - the perils of blogging ! - anyway we had a lovely evening so all's well !

    (Except that I have a cigarette hangover this morning - smoking when you have a sore throat is not too smart, huh...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received Pickychick safe and sound in Amsterdam, thanks for taking care of them in Paris ;-) The wonders of the WT, you gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just blame those freaky internet people. They're invisible, anyway, so it doesn't matter ;)

    ReplyDelete