Wednesday, April 19

no sooner have I...

... grown to like the jeans tucked in to boots look*, than a new trend appears.

Skinny jeans, tapered tightly around the ankles, really long, i.e. bunched up to look almost like legwarmers, and worn with ballet flats. Now no doubt I'm just too far behind the cutting edge to adopt new looks right away and need time to grow used to it, but my first reaction is "huh?" Does this actually look good on anyone ?

*on other people, mind you, not for myself - I can zip up (most) boots over my calves without too much straining and pulling, but trying to add jeans to the mix would simply be asking for trouble.

2 comments:

  1. I just got into the skinny jeans with boots/heels/flats look, although I had mine tailored so the hem sits on the ankle bone - I would never wear them bunched up.

    I'm not liking the leggings look. It's starting to infiltrate Sydney wardrobes and I just hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - I have nothing against skinny jeans worn with ballet flats, on the contrary, it's a cute, fresh look - but they must be hemmed and not left drooling around the ankles !

    ReplyDelete