Wednesday, April 26

so I had an interview...

...last Friday for a position that's a step up from what I do now, small firm that hopes to expand quickly, only just founded in January, so really a chance to create my own job within a certain framework, and grow along with the company. They wanted someone autonomous who can take initiative, really contribute to the team, all that jazz... Met 3 out of the 7 people currently with the firm. Liked them and could really picture myself working with them.

Got a call from the recruiter today - the interviews went really well, they liked me, BUT decided to hire someone else.

Waaaaaaaa...

Never mind. Something else will come up.

At least they gave me the courtesy of a reply, unlike a certain venerable and highly esteemed fashion house I interviewed with back in January (at their request might I add!) who never gave me any feedback or answer at all.

Why ? I can understand not replying to all the unsollicited CVs they must receive, but THEY contacted ME and I spent an hour and a half with an HR guy and pffft, that's it, never heard from them again.

It's as if they had disappeared off the face of the earth, except that I read Elle religiously every week and there is no way that could have happened without my being aware of it.

(And yes, I did contact them to follow up after the interview). Is that rude or what ?

3 comments:

  1. Bummer about the job interview! And double-pffft to the fashion house. Job hunting can be such a drama, can't it?

    I'll keep my fingers crossed that the next interview is "the one."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Oz. It can be a drama but thankfully I'm only job hunting because I'm bored with my present job, not because I'm unemployed - so the pressure's off and I can afford to wait until something really good comes up !

    ReplyDelete