Friday, July 28

Last days

No, not the Gus van Sant movie.

Today was my last day at Ex-Employer’s. After four and a half years, I said my goodbyes and waltzed out that door with a grin on my face. I’ll miss some of my colleagues, but as New Employer is only one metro stop away I’m sure I’ll keep in touch and continue to meet them for lunch and gossip quite often.

After being unreasonably pissed off at my departure and generally acting like a nasty person for 6 weeks – during which time I could have written a blog called My Boss is a Twat, with daily updates – the man relented and reverted to being a pretty nice guy during my last week. He even took the whole department – well, all 7 of us ! – out for lunch at a very yum seafood restaurant.

And my farewell present was – get this – a red handbag. Not the Furla I had my eye on (but I am not one to look a gift bag in the zippered compartment) and it is a similar shape and style, in leather and fabric, from Lancel. So, a big thank you to my lovely colleague T, lunchtime window-shopping companion extraordinaire, for choosing so well.

2 comments:

  1. I finish up at my job this week on Friday. I cannot wait to be done here! I'll also be walking out that door with a smile on my face - yay! for new jobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new job! And wow a handbag as a going away present, those classy french people!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete