Tuesday, July 25

Pearly pits ?

So there's a new product on the market which boggles my mind. Perhaps I am easily boggled, but all the same...

It's a deodorant/antiperspirant with "natural extracts of pearl" and in addition to keeping one fresh, dry and clean smelling, it promises "beautiful armpit skin".

Now, I admit I am as much of a girly cosmetics addict as the next woman. I have succombed to the marketing sirens and bought more than my fair share of oils, balms, powders and creams that have promised - and delivered - glitter, pearly sheen, all sorts of iridescence. Products that make tanned skin glow, add interesting sparkle to cleavage, and subtle shimmer to browbones and cheekbones.

But not once in my life have I applied deodorant, waxed or shaved, or just randomly caught sight of my pits, and thought "you know, I could use a little natural pearly extract here. What the world really needs is a shimmery deodorant".

Would you buy this product ?

3 comments:

  1. BWAHAHAHA! That's too funny! No, I wouldn't buy it, because really, who looks at other people's pits and says, "Wow, look at what beautifully pearly pits she has!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that I've ever thought "you know, I want beautiful armpit skin" - does anyone ever examine your armpit skin in detail???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:19 PM

    I am too distressed about my dark circles, greying hair (on my head!) my tidy bikini line, hair free legs. Carefully manicured eyebrows etc etc to even THINK about my armpits! Not sure i even have any
    Dee in NZ

    ReplyDelete