Monday, August 14

I'm ba-ack !

  • being on holiday and not doing ANYTHING is bliss.
  • tomatoes and figs fresh from the garden are simply amazing. Even farmer's market produce isn't quite the same.
  • my mother drives me crazy sometimes (often?) but I do love her to bits.
  • trying to learn to ride a bicycle as an adult sucks, truly. See how I had to say "trying to learn", and not "learning" ?
  • cooking shows are great entertainment. I *heart* Rick Stein and the Masterchef competition.
  • those scales that not only weigh but also calculate body fat percentage are a bit scary. Especially when one's 10 day holiday consists of vegging on the couch, reading, watching cooking shows and eating ice cream.
  • 90% of the ads on British satellite TV are for car insurance and debt consolidation services. I realize debt is a huge problem but how much car insurance can each household possibly need ?

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!

    Mmm, fresh tomatoes and figs. Oh...

    I *heart* Rick Stein too. I love his passion for what he cooks and local produce. And I adore Chalky!

    As for the bike, I haven't been on one for years and years and I daresay it's not as simple as it looks.

    ReplyDelete