Wednesday, August 23

OMG ! OMG !

There are lots of people I admire for their work (and sometimes, let’s be honest, for their looks as well) but I’m not celeb mad as a rule, and wish pop culture didn’t encourage vapid bimbos of either gender to be famous just for being famous.

But I was thrilled to bits to walk just behind Charlotte Gainsbourg for a few minutes on rue Clément Marot.

Funnily enough - although perfectly in character for me - I noticed her bag first.

"Ooooh, that's nice. Looks like a new version of a Darel bag, must be this season's ... wow, she's very slim and graceful. Wonder if she's a model ? She looks like.... no.... yes ! It's Charlotte ! Squeeeeeeeaaaaak!"

This was an internal monologue, of course. I didn't actually squeak out loud.

She turned to go into a restaurant (Chez André, if anyone is interested) ; I went to my salad bar. And on my way back, I went past the restaurant and caught a glimpse of Yvan Attal.

Excited, me.

(And really, this mostly a post for Julia – or are there other fans out there ?)

4 comments:

  1. Hands up to fandom! Can't think of anyone (famous) I'd be more thrilled to see in Paris either. Sweet that she actually uses the Gerard Darel stuff.
    Did you notice the rest of her outfit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. rest of her outfit: slim grey jeans worn over (not tucked in) cowboy type boots, and a white tank top.

    she's very good looking - beautiful skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.

    My.

    God.

    That even beats my John Galliano sighting.

    And to follow it up with Yvan. So, are they still together? You told me they had split up, non? And have you heard her 5:55 album? I know I want it, but I've only heard a snippet on one song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard the album yet Julia. And yes, I had read on the cover of a gossip/celeb mag that they had split up - just goes to show one should't believe any of that tripe... sorry for having passed on bad information !

    ReplyDelete